Join Our Summer Learning Club!
How can worker self-organization improve the working lives of people in and around the tech industry? Our Summer Learning Club will focus on answering this question through sessions based on worker’s inquiry, labor history, critique of the tech industry, and case studies from other successful movements.
TWC members are welcome to attend sessions with the expectation that they have explored reading material around the subject and are willing to engage with the session facilitator in related activities and assignments.
All events will take place at Omni Commons unless otherwise noted.
- 07/15 Tech Workers Inquiry
- 07/22 ‘Soft Authoritarianism’ in the Tech Workplace
- 07/29 Unions or Workers Associations?
- 07/30 The Internet, Technology, The Gig Economy and the Future of Labor @ ILWU Local 34 Hall
- 08/05 Organizing High-Tech Workers
- 08/12 IWW Organizer Training @ TBA
- 08/19 Italy’s “Hot Autumn” (1969)
- 08/26 Closing Discussion @ TBA